Welcome to the Northern Line
route for the freeware train driving simulator OpenBVE
The London Underground Northern Line runs
from Edgware in Middlesex North of London, southbound to Camden
Town. After calling at Camden, the lines split. One option
is to turn off to the 'City Branch' via Bank, or the other
option is to carry on forward to the 'West End' via Charing
Cross. Both lines run south to Kennington, where they merge.
At Kennington the southbound line continues to its Southern
terminus at Morden in Surrey.
The downloaded routes cover the whole line in several
From Edgware to Golders Green on the
surface, then dipping deep undeground for the journey
under the city of London. departing from Camden Town,
the journey continues through the West End (via Charing
Cross), to Kennington Southbound where the train runs
through a very tight curve known as the Kennington Loop.
From Kennington Northbound, forward
through the Northbound tunnels to Camden, turning off
to the Barnet Branch. The line rises to surface level,
meeting daylight at East Finchley. You'll run surface
level to the terminus at High Barnet.
From Edgware to Camden Town, the train
is routed to the Southbound City Branch via Bank and continues
underground to the Southern terminus at Morden.
All gradients, distances, positions of curves,
pointwork, stations and signalling is modelled accurately.
Signalling is, however very slightly simplified slightly
owing to limitations of BVE.
Northern Line v1.0 for OpenBVE..
- A complete rebuild for OpenBVE featuring
- New darker, higher detailed tunnelling
- The addition of Edgware station's shed
- Animated CIS displays
- Corrected stop points, and platform lengths allowing selective door operation and end-door cutout.
- A brand new 1995 stock train complete with animated external views, working doors, destination displays, internal and external lighting, photoreal cab displays, and improved sounds.